Steyer Associates is seeking a UX Writer to work with our client in Seattle, WA. The right candidate will author and publish on-device UI text, electronic help, and web-based help and trouble-shooting material. The audience is our client's end-users and technical support staff. This is a 6-month project with possibility of converting to a full-time role. This is a 6-month, on-site contract in Seattle, WA, we only can respond to applicants who meet the basic qualifications for this role.
We're looking for someone who has:
- The flexibility to develop consistent messaging and information design across multiple devices and the web
- The technical skills to learn new tools and processes for authoring and publishing content.
- The collaboration skills to work closely with developers and designers to create world-class end-user experiences
- Excellent technical writing skills with an eye for UI/UX; writing samples must demonstrate an aptitude for the user experience, including of-the-moment terminology and concepts
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Must be comfortable editing directly in XML, HTML, and Markdown
- Must be comfortable with at least one common source control system such as Git (strongly preferred), Perforce (Source Depot), Subversion (SVN), TFS, or Mercurial.
- Must be able to work from the Windows or Macintosh command line
- Ability to read software source code (at a basic level) is preferred
Steyer Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.